Senior Full Stack Developer
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Entertainment Services’ Business Solutions Delivery Director, you will work within a team focused on delivering IT business solutions. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and integrating dynamic, innovative solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
You will also play an active role in developing tools, methods and practices for application development and integration.
Your expertise will allow you to:
- Oversee deployments using the release management tool;
- Carry out development activities while respecting business requirements, development standards and architecture strategies;
- Focus on automating repetitive tasks (pipeline automation, e.g., CI, CD);
- Use all communication and feedback options available in our agile planning tool (Azure DevOps);
- Show leadership within the developer community;
- Contribute to the developer community (share knowledge, provide guidance, wiki, framework and collaboration space);
- Host and contribute to the wiki and the collaboration space for developers;
- Contribute to the evolution of Cirque’s cloud platform through project requirements and other development initiatives;
- Oversee code review activities;
- Participate in developing our cloud platform; handle security, performance, and IT challenges; and find alternative solutions when the technology is insufficient or faulty;
- Work with the data team on all projects to harmonize data models and data sharing;
- Work with the architectural team (internal and Microsoft) for platform development.
We want to meet you if you have:
- At least eight years of experience in application development and integration;
- College-level diploma (DEC) or bachelor's degree or the equivalent in IT, with a specialization in Web development/integration, or in a related field;
- Excellent knowledge of the source code control system Git: branches, pull requests, rebase;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft platform in general, Web solutions, .Net Framework 4.5 and higher, ASP.Net
WebApi, Visual Studio/VScode, SQL;
- Excellent knowledge of C# and Entity Framework;
- Experience working with REST architectural principles, asynchronous programming, inversion of control, HTTP protocol and the OWIN pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure, transactional or batch integrations (Service Bus, Logic Apps, Function Apps);
- Up-to-date knowledge of emerging web technology;
- Expertise in preparing analysis files for application, service and integration solutions;
- Languages: Bilingualism (English and French);
- Ability to work in an evolving Agile environment;
- Strong leadership, team spirit and interpersonal skills to exert effective, constructive influence to reach targets;
- Ability to work in a very dynamic iterative development environment that focuses on customer satisfaction and regular deliveries;
- Capacity to work on several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative team;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.