NOTE #1 - This position is classified under MGM Resorts International. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in the MGM Resorts International selection process.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must apply through the MGM career website.
(143097 Carpenter - Cirque Du Soleil (Corporate - Mandalay Bay) (Open)
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
Carpenters are dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position executes the company’s core service standards, brand attributes, and sustainability initiatives. Job functions include perform duties assigned to aid in the operation of the Carpentry Department as directed by the Head and Assistant Head Carpenters. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Build scenery, props, and other items as directed.
- Learn and execute show cue tracks as directed.
- Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props, and facility.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures, as well as participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
- Support rehearsals and trainings as required by department head, artistic and stage management.
- Clean and maintain theatre, showroom, shop and warehouse facilities as directed.
- Document repairs and assist in the documentation of other equipment, systems, supplies, parts and procedures to ensure the ongoing integrity of all department-related show items
- Load in and load out equipment and supplies
- Perform inventory management of department supplies
- Drive forklifts and other similar types of equipment as directed
- Conduct department safety inspections; maintain and update inspection and maintenance records.
- Participate in required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department as assigned by the Head and Assistant Head of Carpentry.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year of experience as a stage carpenter.
- Previous experience with basic power and hand tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working on large-scale theatrical style productions .
- Previous experience as a run crew technician.
- Previous experience with computer-aided drafting & design programs and scenic painting experience.
- Previous experience with standard cabinetry construction techniques and experience working with preventive maintenance programs.
- Previous experience with sewing and use of sewing machines and sergers.
- Working knowledge of welding, metal fabrication skills, and standard theatrical construction techniques .
- Working knowledge of standard theatrical rigging hardware and techniques .
- Working knowledge of OSHA.
- Basic computer skills using standard MS Office software.
- Previous work experience in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.