Costume Operation Coordinator – CDSEG Las Vegas Costume Shop
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
Reporting to the CDSEG Las Vegas Costume Shop Supervisor, you will be required to coordinate all Costume Shop activities in accordance with costume-related operational needs for all Resident Shows. You will also be called upon to identify and resolve issues, offer recommendations to the Montreal Costume Shop and promote proper practices relating to costume construction and follow-up maintenance routines.
The Costume Operation Coordinator will:
- Plan and coordinate Costume Shop operations, such as fittings, costume adjustment workload, generic product built, special projects and ensure compliance with deadlines, under the direction of the Costume Shop Supervisor;
- Receive and coordinate IHQ and show requests, and in collaboration with Costume Shop staff, establish priorities accordingly;
- Facilitate communication flow between Costume Shop staff, show teams and IHQ teams;
- Coordinate shipping and purchasing logistics between all Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, including Affiliates, support services, both for Resident Shows and IHQ;
- Facilitate operational and technical support to Resident Shows to ensure the quality of deliverables, doing so in collaboration with the Montreal Costume Shop;
- Ensure the integration of newly developed work methods;
- Apply Cirque du Soleil procedures and standards;
- Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the Costume Shop;
- Support the Montreal Costume Shop by actively participating in the various projects, when needed;
- Other duties as assigned by Costume Shop Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- College-level diploma (DEC) in fashion design, theatre production, garment manufacturing or the equivalent work experience;
- At least eight years of previous experience in costume-making in Performance Arts or a related industry, including at least five years of experience in team supervision;
- Excellent knowledge of different manufacturing techniques;
- Ability to perform work that often requires repetitive movements, precision and attention to detail;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Artistry, creativity and curiosity;
- Self-reliance, organizational skills, versatility and resourcefulness;
- Great team player and ability to work as part of a large team;
- Ability to influence and strong communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changes and meet tight deadlines;
- Eligible to work in the United States;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written; French is an asset;
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays;
- Availability to travel abroad depending on the assignment.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.