Cirque du Soleil's OVO is a full-time touring show in search of talent. Take your talents on the road and join us on tour in this exciting opportunity!
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting operationally to the Head Therapist and the Artistic Director, as well as functionally to the Senior Head Therapist (Touring shows), you will be required to:
- Respect all arrangements and agreements made between Cirque du Soleil and other medical authorities and institutions;
- Under the guidance of the Head Therapist and Artistic Director, help ensure the department's daily operational needs are met while delivering the highest possible standard of care;
- Adhere to the direction of and closely communicate with Head Therapist, Artistic Direction and, if needed, Senior Head Therapist (Touring shows);
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and ethics with co-workers, artists, and other health care professionals;
- Foster interdependent relationships with the members of the artistic team while actively and professionally contributing to functional decision making processes (Human Performance Risk Management);
- Participate in load-in and load-out.
- Within your scope of practice, deliver, at a high standard of care, physical evaluations, rehabilitative and emergency care relevant to the functional demand of our artists and environment (clinical diagnosis, therapeutic care and emergency response);
- Provide timely and safe emergency response and care when necessary, while actively participating in maintaining/optimizing emergency preparedness of the environment;
- Consistently document and manage all medical information, interactions and events as per medico-legal requirements, while upholding artist-therapist confidentiality at all times;
- Actively collaborate with coaches and Head Therapist in establishing and implementing programs directed at the prevention of injury relevant to an artists’ specific challenges (using various exercise approaches);
- Accompany artists to medical appointments when indicated, for the purpose of artist/show support while ensuring all necessary legal/insurance documents are being obtained, properly communicated and filed;
- Communicate with and support the Artistic Director, Head Therapist, Coaches and Stage Management on the functional status of artists under your care;
- Closely communicate with the show’s Production Coordinator regarding insurance and worker's compensation necessary information, forms and reports;
- Ensure that the work space is properly and professionally organized and maintained;
- Maintain adequate stocks of medical and emergency supplies for the PMed Department.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- University-degree in Physiotherapy (Physical therapy in the USA) or Certification in Athletic Therapy (Athletic Training in the USA);
- Valid CPR certification and Emergency Sports First Responder or EMT courses;
- At least 4 years of relevant clinical experience;
- Experience with manual therapy, exercise therapy and emergency care;
- Experience working with high-calibre athletes or dancers;
- Ability to work and communicate with medical and paramedical professionals;
- Adaptability to working with different cultures and different needs;
- Good computer skills;
- Fluency in English (French an asset);
- Available to travel and work in foreign countries full-time.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- See our shows and contribute to their success.