NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. (www.mgmresortscareers.com)
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 – This is an ON-CALL position
Carpenters are dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position executes the company’s core service standards, brand attributes, and sustainability initiatives. Job functions include performing duties assigned to aid in the operation of the Carpentry Department as directed by the Head and Assistant Head Carpenters. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices, and procedures.
In this pivotal role here at Cirque, you will:
· Build scenery, props, and other items as directed;
· Learn and execute show cue tracks as directed;
· Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props, and facility;
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures, as well as participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
Additional Job Functions Include:
· Support rehearsals and trainings as required by department head, artistic and stage management
· Clean and maintain theatre, showroom, shop and warehouse facilities as directed
· Document repairs and assist in the documentation of other equipment, systems, supplies, parts and procedures to ensure the ongoing integrity of all department-related show items
· Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props and facility
· Load in and load out equipment and supplies
· Perform inventory management of department supplies
· Drive forklifts and other similar types of equipment as directed
· Conduct department safety inspections; maintain and update inspection and maintenance records
· Build scenery, props and other items as needed
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to established safety policies and procedures
· Participate in required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training
· Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department as assigned by the Head and Assistant Head of Carpentry
· The Stage Carpenter maybe required to supervise over hire labor on projects as needed under the guidance of the Head of Department
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least 3 years of experience as a stage carpenter;
· Previous experience with basic power and hand tools;
· Should be able to lift 50 lbs by yourself and 100+ lbs assisted by a partner;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Knowledge of OSHA – OSHA 10 certification, preferred.
· Previous experience working on large-scale theatrical style productions;
· Experience as a run crew technician;
· Basic computer skills using standard MS Office software;
· Knowledge of welding, metal fabrication skills, and standard theatrical construction techniques;
· Knowledge of standard theatrical rigging hardware and techniques;
· Experience with computer-aided drafting & design Programs and scenic painting experience is preferred;
· Experience with standard cabinetry construction techniques and experience working with preventive maintenance programs;
· Experience with sewing and use of sewing machines and sergers.