Mentorship in Performance Conditioning
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the Performance Science team, you will support the delivery of physical preparation services at our International Headquarters in Montreal, Quebec. In an IST (Integrated supported Team) environment that includes Performance Medicine and Coaching practitioners, the Trainee will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks; including assisting in the delivery of strength training sessions, giving technical coaching cues to athletes, supporting energy system development, leading warm-up and movement preparation activities, engaging in athlete monitoring and assessment, managing gym hygiene and cleanliness, and other associated tasks as required. The Trainee will be required to establish strong personal working relationships with performers and coaches, and will be required to work independently in supporting our Durability by Design philosophy which is critical in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to our performers.
The Trainee will become a member of the Performance Science team and assist the Performance Science Manager and other Performance Conditioning Specialists in delivering performance-enhancing services to Cirque performers on a daily basis. This is a full-time, unpaid experience at 40 hours per week which offers the opportunity for advancement in the field of Strength & Conditioning. The mentorship experience supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working in a high performance setting.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Assist the Performance Conditioning Specialists in any physical training-related tasks;
· Assist the Performance Conditioning Specialists in planning and preparing physical training activities;
· Work in an IST environment with Performance Medicine and Coaching practitioners;
· Deliver small group and/or individual warm-up exercises as require;
· Implement monitoring and assessment interventions as required;
· Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of the gym environment is maintained within the facility;
· Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas as required;
· Implement prescribed programming in the area of strength, power, speed and rehab;
· Design and implement own programming where applicable;
· Assist with return to performance protocols;
· Gather, process and report on training data;
· Participate in department CPD;
· Objectively assess, measure, adjust, and document all programs implemented;
· Maintain filing system and document all programs implemented;
· Administer or assist in fitness evaluations.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Ability to work in Quebec without immigration sponsorship from Cirque du Soleil;
- Ability to participate the entire length of the mentorship program (currently 16 consecutive weeks with availability throughout the year);
- Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship;
- Hold enough credits within your college or university to be classified as either a Junior or Senior;
- Ability to receive college credit for the internship is appreciated (Exception – you may apply for an internship during the semester or quarter immediately following graduation only);
- Have a 3.0 G.P.A (cumulative or within your degree program);
- Candidates must possess or be working towards CSCS or another internationally recognized certification;
- Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail;
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Good computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel required.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative (DEPT.) team;
· Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
· Get involved in our community.