Full Time Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday Links can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Assist with ongoing Wardrobe Department operations; duties include: sewing, fitting, alterations, painting, dying, makeup, emergency repairs and cleaning of all costumes and costume accessories for the production.
· Assist in the set-up and maintenance of the craft area.
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
· Preserve the ongoing, long-term integrity of costumes, shoes, hats and accessories during performances and for rehearsals as directed.
· Participate in special projects, including making and altering new costume show elements.
· Assist other departments as needed to run the performances and rehearsals.
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
· Maintain maintenance documentation and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
· Assist with the ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment.
· Performs all other job related duties as requested.
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least 2 years of experience as a professional costume technician.
· Previous experience in costume repair, shoe repair, makeup and millinery for a large-scale production show.
· Strong Machine and Hand stitching Costume skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
It would be preferred if you also have:
· Airbrushing, painting, dying and sculpting knowledge.
· Fluency in French.
· Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.