Chief Brand Officer
Job Location : Montreal or New York with frequent travel to Montreal
At Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, (CDSEG) we foster the power of creativity & connect the endless possibilities that are within our group to unlock and deliver the very best of entertainment.
CDSEG is the world’s leading creator, producer, and distributor of live entertainment with over 9000 performances each year. We leverage our unique experience to create groundbreaking live entertainment that defies gravity and disrupts expectations. Our productions captivate beyond borders, and connect with the hearts and minds of our fans in over 65 countries and 450 cities worldwide.
From original content - including Cirque du Soleil, The Illusionists and Blue Man Group - to creative partnerships with the most iconic brands such as Disney, Universal or Nickelodeon, we empower the world's most audacious artists, progressive performers, and beloved brands to reinvent the future of live entertainment. We are a group of rule-breaking, convention-defying, moment-makers, and we are proud of it!
The Chief Brand Officer will be responsible for leading development, growth and maintenance of all CDSEG’s branding and will drive the current and prospective brand monetization opportunities (beyond sale of live event tickets). Reporting directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer, you will lead creation of strategic creative brand content, aspiration that will make an impact and lasting impression in the minds of our fans. You will be the main protector of our brand and image, and spearhead efforts to elevate and grow it globally. As such, you will oversee the branding team, including the marketing creative studio, social activation, merchandizing, licensing, CDS Images (media), consumer insights, and public relations teams, represented by approximately 7 direct reports with a total of 180 team collaborators. This role will be the brand embodiment of the creative direction, presence of the modern CDSEG and will act as an ambassador for the business.
The Chief brand growth/innovation Brand Officer will:
- Be accountable, through brand creative content, for capturing the imaginations of fans, business leaders and key influencers, and craftingcreativebrand strategies that spotlight Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and its underlying properties;
- Elevating CDSEG brand awareness and relevance across media and social platforms, by creating emotional connections between the brand and the fans;
- Lead all cross-functional brand departments listed above and drive new revenue streams through brand extensions, creative ideation and catalogues of new global brand activations;
- Spark engaging and exciting brand initiatives that differentiate CDSEG and leverage assets and other forms of media for business positioning as an innovator leader in live entertainment;
- Infuse CDSEG spirit into brand and make it relevant driving fan acquisition growth by leading strong, innovative and impactful affiliations and partnerships that leverage Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group’s brand, co-brands and IPs;
- Responsible for bringing an editorial voice to today’s CDSEG and impact our organizational culture;
- Accountable, through storytelling, for the planning and execution of global media campaigns;
- Collaborate with the executive team on long-term strategic initiatives and realize the business plan through creative brand strategies.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10 years + of experience in a senior brand/creative leadership role leveraging ideation, creativity and innovation;
- Demonstrated experience leading successful and compelling creative campaigns with a performance history of driving consumer impact and increasing market share in high-growth, fast-paced environments;
- Proven track record of defining and deploying impactful global brand initiatives that result in market share growth and strong impact on customers;
- Creator in the soul, having contributed to the growth of top globally brands with theability to drive and bring to life creative conversations;
- Being articulate, relevant to CDSEG brands, thoughtful and be known as an iconic leader;
- Capable of building strong relationships with key media outlets, content distributors, etc;
- Powerful ability to lead and inspire others with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, ability to successfully navigate with ambiguity and results-driven focus;
- MBA or bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline.