Automation Technician – MJ ONE
On Call Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This is an On Call position.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training and maintenance operations as directed by Artistic, Stage, Company, and Technical management;
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed by the Department Supervisor;
· Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic and motorized equipment and systems as directed by the Department Supervisor;
· Control machines and processes, by using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes;
· Operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment, by running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles;
· Update maintenance and inspection records within Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other show specific software such as AutoCAD and TMA;
· Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
· Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances;
· Develop a thorough knowledge of Automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely;
· Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time;
· Participate in special projects including the installation of new automated show elements, and inter-departmental projects that include automated elements or other needs that may fall within the technician’s specialty as directed;
· Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least one year of experience as an Automation and Control Technician;
· At least one year of experience troubleshooting and repairing automations and control systems equipment;
· Knowledge and experience with industrial machines, motors, gearboxes and related tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
· Strong mechanical drafting skills and the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics;
· Good knowledge of AC\DC theory and electrical safety;
· Strong metal fabrication skills like cutting, grinding, fitting, aligning and welding;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Work order based preventative based maintenance experience preferred;
· Knowledge of OSHA preferred
· Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD preferred.