Temporary position (4 months)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the Costume Workshop, you will develop and design costume items according to technical and artistic specifications. You will work in collaboration with production and operations teams to optimize our items as much as possible and to improve their lifespan, while taking into account the needs related to their use within the context of a live show.
You will be known for:
- Conducting technical tests, cutting and sizing on costume items within the allotted time;
- Preparing order lists of materials required for costume production for upcoming shows;
- Drafting technical documents;
- Applying Cirque cutting and quality procedures and standards;
- Assessing the quality of your own work;
- Suggesting technical improvements.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A vocational diploma (DEP) in men’s and women’s clothing production or college degree (DEC) in fashion design, theatre production or equivalent;
- At least two years’ experience in stage costume-making;
- Knowledge of costume-making methods;
- Extensive knowledge of fabrics;
- Basic knowledge of cutting techniques;
- The ability to adapt to the unexpected and work as part of a team;
- The ability to manage stress and work within tight timelines;
- A positive attitude and self-motivation;
- Efficiency and speed;
- Fluency in French and English.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Eat at our cafeteria and discover its gourmet menu;
- Host meetings while watching artists in training;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court;
- Grow your kitchen garden;
- Get involved in our community.