Cirque du Soleil's OVO is a full-time touring show in search of talent. Take your talents on the road and join us on tour in this exciting opportunity!
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Act as automation equipment operator during rehearsals and performances;
- Act in an advisory capacity regarding mechanical and motorized systems;
- Ensure the safety of automation equipment at all times;
- Take part in inspecting and maintaining automation equipment, and keep records of inspections and alterations;Update automation archives;
- Participate in site set-up and tear-down;
- Replace other technicians in various positions during performances, as needed;
- Apply safety standards and regulations for automation equipment, and practice safe work methods;
- Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
- Use the tools and procedures provided by the global equipment management team to manage inventory and equipment data;
- Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Technical Director or the Head of Automation.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment, theatre production or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
- Two to three years' experience in automation systems;
- Technical knowledge of automation systems (PLC, AC motor control, slave systems, control loops, electrical systems);
- General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
- General knowledge of lighting systems an asset;
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show considered an asset;
- Personnel management experience an asset;
- Flexible, autonomous and team-spirited;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things.