NOTE #1 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Head of Lighting, you will be required to:
· Install, maintain and operate follow spot and related lighting and electrical equipment as needed for training, special events, rehearsals and performances;
· Assist with the establishment of a safe, respectful and positive working environment at all times, particularly in interacting with artists; conform to all safety standards including lock out and tag out procedures;
· Preserve the ongoing, long-term integrity of the follow spot systems and cue sequences during performances and for rehearsals in keeping with the original intent of the Artistic Director;
· Develop thorough knowledge of all lighting equipment specific to the production (Ethernet, moving lights, projection systems, etc.) in order to operate and maintain mechanized and manual lighting equipment safely and efficiently;
· Perform and log maintenance and inspection of atmospherics, moving lights, conventional lights, UPS power, control boards, computer systems, low voltage lights, dimmer systems on a scheduled, pro-active basis;
· Learn multiple show tracks;
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Head of Lighting, Zumanity.
You should have the following qualifications:
· A minimum of three years of experience as a professional stage electrician or follow spot operator;
· Computer knowledge is an asset;
· Must have in-depth experience as a stage lighting technician and follow spot operator;
· Must have the ability to withstand prolonged sitting and standing;
· Must have normal range of vision and no color-blindness;
· Must be at least 18+ years of age;
· Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
· Must have a High school diploma or the equivalent;
· Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English in both oral and written form;
· Must be available to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays.