Administrative Assistant, International Programs - One Drop
Full-time, permanent position based in Montreal
ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by the founder of Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (WASH), One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities within developing countries worldwide through innovative water-access projects. To learn more, visit onedrop.org
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
One Drop offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrative assistant who is attracted by the non-profit sector and who wishes to participate in an extraordinary worldwide development mission.
We are currently seeking an administrative assistant who knows how to take initiative and is ready to take on challenges in a stimulating environment. Reporting to and closely collaborating with the Vice President, International Programs, the administrative assistant will support the International Programs team in the management of current and future projects. You will play a key role in ensuring that the department runs smoothly and efficiently.
· Provide administrative support to the International Programs team (booking flights, managing expense accounts, organising meetings, etc.);
· Help to prepare and revise documents, reports and PowerPoint presentations in English and French (advanced formatting skills, language revision, Spanish an important asset;)
· Translate short documents from French into English and vice versa, Spanish an important asset;
· Develop and maintain an archival and document filing system;
· Participate actively in the implementation and management of SharePoint;
· Participate in the administrative planning of conferences and workshops, support with developing presentations;
· Contribute to the coordination of travel arrangements and logistics for field visits (trip calendar, flight bookings, visas, safety protocols, etc.;)
· Manage departmental and team member agendas;
· Assist in the scheduling of team meetings and write minutes as needed;
· Act as contact person with other One Drop departments;
· Conduct research to support the work of International Program team members;
· Perform any related tasks as required by the Vice-President, International Programs.
· DEC or certification in administration, office management, or a related field;
· Minimum of five to seven years experience in a similar position;
· Experience providing administrative and logistical support in an international activity context;
Languages and technical skills
· Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written;
· Knowledge of Spanish, an important asset;
· Excellent command of the advanced functions of Windows, Office 365 programs, Adobe Pro, SharePoint;
· Capacity to adapt quickly to new technological tools and software;
· Diligent, autonomous, meticulous, professional, tactful and flexible;
· Good understanding of the international development sector and the intricacies of working with colleagues and partners in the Global South;
· Administrative management and organizational skills, including the ability to juggle a diversity of tasks and themes within shifting, and sometimes overlapping time frames;
· Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure and in a constantly evolving environment;
· Proactive and capable of demonstrating initiative;
· Available and flexible;
· Interest in the organization in general.
· No travel required.