Data Scientist (Data Wrangler)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, you will responsible for the process that identifies, cleans up, structures, enriches, validates and publishes raw data in a format that enabled further data analysis. You will work closely with your team’s data analysts and scientists, as well as the Marketing Technology team. You will also be required to perform data analyses and improve our visualization tools.
Ideally, you’ll have a knack with technology (you’ll be our very own MacGyver!), a great interest in business, as well as the drive to deepen Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group’s understanding of its fans and the best way to retain them. This position provides an excellent opportunity to use various data sources to influence strategic business decisions.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Exploring new data sources, then preparing/vetting and integrating them into our work environment (Google Cloud Platform) to make them useable by the rest of the analytical team;
- Collaborating with the Technology team once this data and its use have been vetted to add them to our system;
- Analyzing and producing recommendations based on various data sources (e.g., client, market, transactional);
- Helping data scientists with their statistical analyses (e.g., segmentation, regression, forecasts, in-depth learning, AI);
- Developing efficient data visualization tools that are adapted to the various client data consumers.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Proven technical expertise with various data sets: client data, transactional data, digital data (Google Analytics, social media), as well as behavioural and socio-demographic data;
- Required languages: SQL (expert), Python, R, …;
- Proficiency with visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, SAP BO);
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (an asset);
- Proficiency with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R);
- High-level proficiency in a relevant field (computer science, data science, applied statistics);
- Three to five years' experience in a similar position;
- An excellent ability to analyze and interpret quantitative results in a relevant and simplified manner;
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams;
- A team-focused approach (essential).
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things.