Wig & Makeup Technician – KÀ
NOTE #1 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
It is the primary responsibility of the Wig and MakeUp Technician to assist artists with wigs, makeup, quick changes and fittings in both set-up and run of the shows. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Property policies, practices and procedures.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Maintain style, repair, construct, clean and prep wigs for the run of the show.
· Assist artists with wigs, make-up, quick changes and fittings in both set-up and run of show.
· Maintain and integrate the costume designer's concepts for the successful operation of the production.
· Assist in setting up cue tracks for the wig and make-up department.
· Assist with the ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment.
· Assist with organization and maintenance of make-up and wig work shop.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You should have the following qualifications:
At least 3 years of educational background or working experience with a large scale production show.
Working knowledge of make-up application.
Wig building (ventilating and styling).
Hair styling and coloring.
Excellent customer service skills.
Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.