Assistant Stage Manager
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
The Assistant Stage Manager will:
- Provide support to Artists and Artistic Staff;
- Act as liaison between Artistic and Technical Staff;
- Manage integration of new Artists into production;
- Enforce production rules, policies and procedures; apply discipline when requested;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of safety procedures;
- Manage rehearsals and training sessions as assigned;
- Ensure all equipment is in place and in working order for rehearsals and training sessions;
- Call technical cues for trainings;
- Prepare show lineup and communicate changes to the appropriate technical departments and artists;
- Manage backstage areas during show;
- Apply, facilitate and supervise emergency measures;
- Maintain the show’s records and procedures;
- Assist in the preparation of long- and short-term schedules;
- Manage archival recordings;
- Other duties as assigned by the General Stage Manager and/or Artistic Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- College Diploma or the equivalent related experience;
- At least two years of previous relevant experience in a related industry;
- Multicultural experience an asset;
- Previous experience working on various large-scale productions is a plus;
- Tour experience a definite asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Fluency in English written and spoken; French is an asset;
- Ability to work in the USA.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.