Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Carry out culinary research and development preparing creative, thoughtful and culturally inspired meals and menus suitable for various nationalities, some with specific dietary needs for breakfast, lunch and dinner (buffet style);
- Assess the unit cost of food products;
- Plan and carry out kitchen operations;
- Assist the director in controlling and monitoring the kitchen budget and in managing permanent kitchen staff;
- Assess the needs in terms of fixed assets;
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the kitchen and dining room;
- Train, supervise and retain temporary local staff (both skilled and unskilled) in a welcoming and healthy environment that fosters growth, learning and tolerance;
- Partner, support, build relationships and communicate with departments on tour to meet ever changing needs;
- Ensure that our food handling procedures as well as equipment maintenance and upkeep is aligned on HACCP guidelines and/or any other local health and safety regulations, for our operations to pass local food safety inspections;
- Participate, plan and execute setup, tear-down and the transfer of the kitchen and its contents, ensuring that all equipment is packed in a safe way.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Vocational diploma in culinary arts or equivalent (ITHQ in Quebec or the equivalent);
- Four to six years' experience in a chef position;
- Experience in supervising staff;
- Master knowledge of nutrition;
- Concern for cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene;
- Internal and external customer service oriented;
- Effectiveness and speed in carrying out duties;
- Ability to work as a team player under pressure;
- Willingness/ability to share accommodation when necessary;
- Capable of working in a small space in variable temperatures;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French or any language is an asset;
- Available to tour internationally full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success.