Production Manager - MSC Grandiosa
Temporary position (12 months)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
You will report directly to the Line Producer for everything pertaining to the project. You will plan and manage the project’s production within established parameters, deadlines and budgets. You will also ensure that appropriate human, technical and financial resources are specifically and logically planned throughout the project, so that the final product meets everyone’s expectations.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Plan the project and analyze production requirements, as well as artistic and operational needs.
- Prepare the project’s budget estimates and maintain enough flexibility to adapt to changes or unexpected situations.
- Closely track production costs and keep them within production budget envelopes.
- Establish a production schedule and ensure compliance with the schedule.
- Ensure that occupational health and safety procedures are implemented and followed throughout production and delivery. Ensure that all processes are accurately documented.
- Ensure a balance between production imperatives and the project’s overall vision.
- Ensure the project’s development aligns with operational needs.
- Facilitate the project’s transfer to the Operations team.
- Ensure the decisions made during production will lead to successful show operations.
- Ensure the shows’ technical, technological and performance elements align with operational needs and constraints.
- Ensure that the project’s documentation is produced and archiving is completed at the end of the project; produce a project report (retrospective analysis).
- In collaboration with the Line Producer, track the progress of the partner’s construction work and anticipate any issues and delays that may affect show delivery.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Professional training in show production and administrative training are an asset
- Fifteen years’ experience in show production
- Extensive project management experience
- Planning and negotiating skills
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;