Assistant - Set - WDI
Temporary position (Until March 28,2020)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Set Designer, and work under the supervision of the Director of Creation and the show’s Technical Director.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Serving as Liaison Agent between the Set Designer, Production Manager, Technical Director, and Set and Props project managers on the realization of the show’s set design concept;
- Assisting and representing the Set Designer at various creation and production meetings throughout the creation period, and informing the Set Designer of any decisions made in his absence;
- In performing your duties, remain as faithful as possible to the concept put forward by the Set Designer;
- Making decisions on behalf of the Set Designer whenever necessary;
- Serving as a set researcher (e.g., materials, concepts, manufacturing processes);
- Managing the Set Designer’s schedule in Montreal and Orlando;
- Serving as project manager for the production of certain set design elements, as required;
- In collaboration with the project manager, following up on concepts in conjunction with the groups concerned;
- Attending rehearsals throughout the project.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in show business;
- High-level proficiency with the MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up (an asset);
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of set design in circus, theatre and dance environments, and various techniques and materials;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Strong communication skills and a team-player approach;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure;
- Availability to travel and work in Orlando for approximately 4 months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative team.