NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the Treasure Island career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This position is on-call.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Assist the Department Supervisor in ensuring the safe setup, use and maintenance of rigging equipment used by artists during performances, rehearsals and training periods;
· Operate rigging equipment during performances and rehearsals;
· Implement, document and ensure compliance with the rigging equipment safety inspection program;
· Assist with inventory and, if necessary, identify any additional rigging equipment that may be required;
· Ensure the security of facilities at all times, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations;
· Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of rigging equipment, and comply with safe working methods;
· Assist with the maintenance of technical equipment;
· Carry out all other tasks requested by the Department Supervisor.
You should have the following qualifications:
· College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment or theatre production (or equivalent work experience);
· A minimum of three years' experience as a rigger, experience with aerial/human rigging an asset;
· Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show an asset;
· Personnel management experience an asset;
· Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
· Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Ability to work high above the ground (climbing abilities essential);
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset.