Lead Automation Technician – Zumanity
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Lead Automation Technician is responsible for working as a lead technician on the automations team to install, maintain, and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for the show. Job functions include work as an automation console operator and assist with strategies for a safe working environment at all times, and providing all other supporting services.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Operate the automation control console and cue tracks in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations.
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
- Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic, motorized equipment and systems, and update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- With the Department Supervisor, coordinate special projects including the research, purchase and installation of specialty lighting related items both for show applications and for electrical needs of the showroom and other stage departments as required.
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor, Artistic Directors and Stage Management in supporting their needs during rehearsals and performances.
- Ensure equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the on-going needs of the production.
- Ensure automation department documentation is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers, and utilize provided software tools to track all preventative and reactive maintenance routines, as well as any other information pertinent to the security of the show's run.
- Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show;
- Participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment in accordance with industry standards for safe operations.
- Assist other departments as needed to run the performances and rehearsals.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new automated show elements as directed
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Automation equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely.
- Learn and run other pertinent show tracks to ensure the safe and continued operation of the show as required by the Department Supervisor and Technical Management.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
You should have the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience operating and maintaining motion control systems and/or theater experience with high large scale productions.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Electronics and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) training.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Ideally you will have:
- Background in troubleshooting electrical systems, Ethernet communications, hydraulic and motorized equipment repair.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- OSHA 30 would be an asset.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.