Sales Coordinator – Blue Man Group New York
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
The Sales Coordinator will be responsible for supporting all sales segments including Groups, In-Market, Leisure and the Travel/Trade for our Blue Man Group production in New York, by ensuring the highest degree of customer service and efficiency in an overall effort to maximize sales. The position will report to the National Sales Manager.
The Sales Coordinator will:
· Answer inbound calls/emails from existing clients and new prospective clients, along with making outbound calls to new leads with the goal of securing new business.
· Work within our ticketing and client relationship management systems by sustaining an up-to-date database of client records, drafting contracts, collecting client payments, processing group orders and communicating intricate details related to contact information, ticket sales and client touch points.
· Import all sales contracts and relevant communications into Salesforce and within corresponding client file.
· Provide timely and accurate reports, understanding gross vs. net sales, market segments and other sales-specific data.
· Organize and coordinate familiarization tours by developing invitation lists, organize receptions, invitations, ticket distribution, etc., on an as-need basis.
· Assist with the organization of sales missions, partner sales meetings and trade show conferences/shows including registration, sales appointment scheduling, booth display, sales collateral and travel arrangements.
· Conduct follow-ups from group bookings, vendor fairs, familiarization events and tradeshows.
· As needed, represent the company as the on-site contact for special events such as receptions, private or promotional events, buyouts etc.
· Attend community/industry events as a show representative distributing Blue Man Group collateral and speaking with interested attendees about the show experience and ticket opportunities.
· Review, maintain and request sales collateral and items including sales sheets, show calendars, seating charts, websites, newsletters, promotional items, etc.
· Be an active team member, working well with a variety of colleagues and clients, providing fair and timely feedback and suggestions.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales, Business or related field is preferred.
- At least two years of previous experience in Sales/Marketing within the hospitality industry inclusive of entertainment and attractions, meetings & events, student groups, destination management, hotels, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in Salesforce and/or Ticketmaster is required.
- Very personable, efficient and good sense of professionalism.
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills.
- Able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, and light travel when needed.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.