KITCHEN MANAGER (BigTop)
Permanent position on tour
Are you ready to take the plunge?
The Cirque du Soleil Group has experienced a whole series of acrobatics and contortions in recent months. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after perilous somersaults.
So our hearts beat very hard at the idea of rebuilding our business and dreaming about its grandiose future. Do you have the daring we need to rise to the challenge? By joining us, you will be working in unknown territory, but where you can make a real difference.
Reporting to the Tour Services Director the Kitchen Manager is responsible for managing kitchen operations, including by not limited to planning, purchases, menus (balanced and diversified), staff schedules, and develop new culinary projects based on the tour's needs.
· Carry out culinary research and development preparing creative, thoughtful and culturally inspired meals and menus suitable for various nationalities, some with specific dietary needs for breakfast, lunch and dinner (buffet style);
· Assess the unit cost of food products;
· Plan and carry out kitchen operations;
· Assist the director in controlling and monitoring the kitchen budget and in managing permanent kitchen staff;
· Assess the needs in terms of fixed assets;
· Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the kitchen and dining room;
· Train, supervise and retain temporary local staff (both skilled and unskilled) in a welcoming and healthy environment that fosters growth, learning and tolerance;
· Partner, support, build relationships and communicate with departments on tour to meet ever changing needs;
· Ensure that our food handling procedures as well as equipment maintenance and upkeep is aligned on HACCP guidelines and/or any other local health and safety regulations, for our operations to pass local food safety inspections;
· Participate, plan and execute setup, tear-down and the transfer of the kitchen and its contents, ensuring that all equipment is packed in a safe way.
· Vocational diploma in culinary arts or equivalent (ITHQ in Quebec or the equivalent);
· Four to six years' experience in a chef position;
· Experience in supervising staff;
· Master knowledge of nutrition;
· Concern for cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene;
· Internal and external customer service oriented;
· Effectiveness and speed in carrying out duties;
· Ability to work as a team player under pressure;
· Willingness/ability to share accommodation when necessary;
· Capable of working in a small space in variable temperatures;
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; any additional language spoken and/or written is an asset;
· Available to travel internationally 100% of the time and to work in foreign countries.