Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Costume Production Designer, you will manage costume design and development projects related to Cirque's show creation activities. You will work closely with the Production Manager who will supervise costume production and ensure the smooth flow of communication within the artisan team. You will represent the workshop before the Creation team for all costume production-related activities and act as liaison with all internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties will include the following:
· Be a decisive and influential leader for the workshop's team and the project creation stakeholders, ensure optimal use of resources and facilitate interactions between various stakeholders;
· Define the workshop's project plan in close collaboration with the Head of Costumes Operations Management involved, develop strategies to reach the project's goals, ensure sound risk and challenge management, and monitor the budget;
· Develop and implement the communication strategies and mechanisms needed to ensure that all workshop and project stakeholders are informed of the project's issues, parameters and progress;
· Monitor your projects, within production monitoring forums, regarding scope, progress, risk management, quality, timeline and budget;
· Develop and implement the plan to transfer activities to the production team in close collaboration with the team of artisans involved;
· Contribute closely to the optimization process for the production processes used for the project, promote APTO standards and ensure they are respected, and align the creation team's objectives with the operational needs of the show's operations team;
· Ensure post-mortem activities are carried out and follow-up on the action plans resulting from them;
· Actively participate in identifying and implementing practices and tools to optimize the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the project management work.
These qualifications will set you apart:
· University diploma in project management or the equivalent;
· 8 to 10 years of solid, enviable experience in project management;
· A focus on constantly improving practices and leading projects to fruition;
· A keen understanding of business issues and a strong ability to use one's influence to foster cooperation among teams when working on projects;
· Excellent organizational and planning skills;
· Capacity to work under pressure, react quickly and adapt in an ever-changing environment;
· Strong creativity when approaching and communicating solutions;
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
· A natural ease with technology;
· A strong command of English and French, both spoken and written;
· A certain availability for travel.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Eat at our cafeteria and discover its gourmet menu;
- Host meetings while watching artists in training;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court;
- Take public transit or to park at the Cirque’s expense;
- Grow your kitchen garden;
- Recall our legendary parties;
- Get involved in our community.