Advisor, Technical Applications - Resident Shows Division
Cirque du Soleil is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. Life at Cirque is about creating wonderment with colleagues of enlightening talent and to do so, at nothing less than the speed of light. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, sometimes shift trajectories, always have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves, to reach for and to meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Director of I.T. Operations and Production Services Director - Resident Show Division, you will provide technical support to all applications used by the shows, including but not limited to WebTMA, SharePoint, 3e, Technical Documentation Systems, Aurora and other Cirque du Soleil software applications.
In this pivotal role, the System Application Supervisor will:
· Act as System Administrator for supported applications, managing user accounts, user permissions, content and other
global areas of the systems;
· Stay current with the field of document management platforms, to assure that we are keeping pace and retaining our
place as safety leader in the Entertainment Industry;
· Assist with implementation, integration, testing and acceptance of new systems/ applications at RSD Shows
· Manage and supervise Super Users for all Production Services supported applications (WebTMA, SharePoint, Aurora,
3E, SDS, etc);
· Manage issues list for Production Services supported applications and coordinate communication to required teams
· Create and maintain technical and process documents for Production Services supported applications;
· Develop & deliver effective training classes (in person and electronic)
· Document business process for technical departments (Business Harmonization);
· Help to motivate technical team members to actively participate in integrating Production Services supported
applications into the daily activities of the shows;
· Support all other Production Services Team Members, training and operating as backup for other team members
· Manage and hold meeting with show technical staff to ensure proper use and compliance standardization for Resident
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of I.T. Operations and Production Services Director - Resident
Ideally, you will have:
· Professional training in theatrical systems, application support, information technologies and instructional design or a combination of
· Experience in Document Management and System Administration;
· High School diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
· 2 years’ experience in IT or Technical entertainment preferred;
· Management experience, or supervision a plus.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken) required;
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint 2010 & 365;
· AutoCAD or Solidworks experience a plus;
· Strong ability to concentrate with attention to detail;
· Good communication skills and team spirit;
· Availability for varying work environment, schedule, and locations (working from the RSD office or on site at the Shows, etc.);
· Availability for travel to Orlando, Montreal, and other locations as required.