Cirque du Soleil is a Quebec based company recognized all over the world for high-quality, artistic entertainment. Since its dawn in 1984, Cirque du Soleil has constantly sought to evoke the imagination, invoke the senses and provoke the emotions of people around the world.
- In 1984, 73 people worked for Cirque du Soleil. Today, the business has 4,000 employees worldwide, including more than 1,300 artists.
- At the Montreal International Headquarters alone, there are close to 1,500 employees.
- More than 100 types of occupations can be found at Cirque.
- The company’s employees and artists represent more than 50 nationalities and speak 25 different languages.
- Close to 150 million spectators have seen a Cirque du Soleil show since 1984.
- Close to 15 million people will see a Cirque du Soleil show in 2014.
- Cirque du Soleil hasn’t received any grants from the public or private sectors since 1992.