A door opens and two worlds collide. Enter the attic of make-believe, where the mundane meets the marvellous. Dreams and nightmares intertwine. La Nouba which calls on both individual and collective memory, is an unforgettable journey into a world at once threatening and exhilarating, frightening and familiar. La Nouba beckons to us, challenges us to uncover passions we thought we had lost long ago; to frolic in our childhood dreams and enter a place where the extraordinary transforms and overcomes the ordinary.
La Nouba is the meeting of two worlds poles apart: the fantastic world of the circus artists - the Cirques (circus people), sporting bright, fluorescent colours–and that of the Urbains (urbanites), who wear dark, monochromatic outfits. When these two worlds first make contact, the magic and amazing feats of the one set fire to the pale mundanity of the other.
Resident show at Walt Disney World® Resort - Downtown Disney, Orlando, FLMore info
Cirque du Soleil premiered an all-new production, La Nouba, in a brand new theater, custom-designed and built for Cirque du Soleil on December 23rd, 1998. This state-of- the-art theater is located in the heart of Downtown Disney West Side in the Walt Disney World® Resort.
About the Show
- La Nouba comes from the French phrase “faire la nouba,” which means to party, to live it up. La Nouba transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary, engaging the imagination from beginning to end with opulent sets, brilliant choreography, theatrical lighting and provocative live music.
- The 90-minute performance (no intermission) plays at 6:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. The show is dark on Sundays and Mondays and select periods throughout the year.
- Tickets can be purchased at the box office, at the plaza level of the theater, by calling (407) 939-7328 or on www.cirquedusoleil.com/lanouba. Please consult the website for current pricing.
- Group discounts are available by calling (866) 353-5625 or (702) 352-0197.
- Gift certificates can be purchased at the box office or by calling (407) 934-7639.
About the Theater
- The 1,671-seat theater is the first freestanding permanent structure ever built for Cirque du Soleil. Set Designer Michel Crête of Cirque du Soleil, Michel Aubé of Scéno Plus, Walt Disney Imagineering, and the architects of the Rockwell group of New York collaborated on the overall design of the building.
- Visitors are invited to shop at the Cirque du Soleil Boutique located at the plaza level of the building and at the sales counters located in the theater lobby.
About the Cast
- There are 14 countries represented in the 67-member cast of La Nouba. They come from Russia, Canada, the U.S., China, Japan, Ukraine, Brazil, Poland, France, Peru, Mexico, Great Britain, Australia and Belarus.
- The average age of the La Nouba cast is 33.
- The cast is made up of funambulists, dancers, tumblers, trapeze performers, equilibrists, clowns, actors, acro-gymnasts, cyclists, musicians, vocalists, and circus artists.
- In January 2007, 12 artists of La Nouba performed a fast track routine in the Super Bowl pre-game show.