It all started yesterday with the raising of the blue-and-yellow Big Top at the Marine Industrial Park
Opens Wednesday, April 25 for a limited engagement
2 additional weeks now on sale!
Boston, MA – June 4, 2012 – The first visible sign of the arrival of Cirque du Soleil and its live production TOTEM in Boston is the raising of the blue-and-yellow Big Top and the set-up of the Cirque du Soleil Village. This event took place yesterday at the Boston Marine Industrial Park where a team of 60-plus men and women have hoisted more than 100 steel poles from the ground up.
About the Big Top and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
• The Big Top seats more than 2,600 people.
• The entire site set-up takes 8 days. This includes installation of entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, box office, administrative offices and kitchen.
• The Big Top stands 19 feet high and is 167 feet in diameter.
• The 4 masts stand at 80 feet tall each.
• 550 pegs are required to hold the Big Top firmly to the 48,500 square feet of asphalt.
• The Big Top, the VIP Rouge and Artistic tents are all climate control with air conditioning in warm seasons or heating for colder seasons.
• TOTEM travels via 64 trailers carrying more than 1,200 pounds of equipment for the tour.
Cirque du Soleil announced today 2 additional weeks of performances (July 5 - 15, 2012) for the Boston engagement of TOTEM.
Tickets can be purchased online via www.cirquedusoleil.com/totem.
Starting on Saturday, June 9, tickets for TOTEM can be purchased in person at the Cirque du Soleil box office, located inside the Big Top's entrance tent. Regular box office hours are from 2 hours prior to show time to 30 minutes after the beginning of the show from Wednesday through Sunday.
Wednesdays at 8 p.m.; Thursdays - Saturdays at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Sundays at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (No performances on Mondays and Tuesdays). Visit our website for a detailed show schedule.
Cirque du Soleil gratefully acknowledges the sponsors of the TOTEM 2012 North American tour: Infiniti, CGI, XEROX and Sun Life Financial.
Rochefort & Associates