Director, Development and Events – One Drop Foundation Inc.
Full-time permanent position, based in Las Vegas
One Drop is an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by Guy Laliberté, founder of Cirque du Soleil. We strive to ensure sustainable access to water for everyone, worldwide. that everyone has access to water today and forever. As an emerging leader in the water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector, One Drop and its partners significantly improve the living conditions of communities in developing countries through innovative projects that aim at improving access to water. To learn more, visit onedrop.org.
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people. The men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. And you get results. With your energy, passion, and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm, and their will-power to succeed in turning dreams into reality.
One Drop is an international organization with an entrepreurial culture, and we are looking for someone who is flexible, dynamic, results-oriented, and ready to take on challenges in a stimulating environment. Reporting
to the Chief Marketing and Events Officer, the Director, Development and Events will contribute to designing One Drop’s global and local fundraising initiatives for the Western USA area, and will be responsible for their implementation. This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced fundraising, development, and events professional who is looking to grow in an innovative and constantly evolving environment, and who is interested in being part of an extraordinary worldwide development mission.
One Drop’s headquarters are based in Montreal, Canada.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· In collaboration with the Chief Marketing and Events Officer, contribute to defining the orientation of the strategies, objectives and priorities of One Drop’s fundraising initiatives;
· Support the Director of Philanthropy in developing the stewardship strategy;
· Support the Communications and Marketing team in developing promotional event plans and identifying the various communications tools required to bring those plans to fruition;
· Produce reports to help measure the success of the initiatives that are assigned to you (KPIs, ROI reports, expense-tracking, types of revenues, post-mortems, etc.);
· Define and manage the human, financial, and material resources required to develop the projects that are assigned to you;
· Lead, attend, and drive planning meetings with internal and external resources, to ensure smooth operations;
· Contribute to the negotiation and execution of terms in collaborations with sponsors (activations, integrations, visibility, etc.);
· In collaboration with the Operations Manager, plan and oversee the logistical operations of local and international projects that are assigned to you;
· Negotiate and follow up on terms of collaborations with our external suppliers, and maintain good relationships with our partners;
· In consultation with One Drop’s legal counsel, ensure that events’ activities comply with all local laws;
· Draft follow-up analyses for your projects, for regular managerial follow-ups and accounting reports for governing bodies;
· Implement and coordinate sale strategies (tickets, sponsorship, etc.) with One Drop teams and suppliers, and collaborate with the Ticketing team to set pricing, event schedules, and sale dates;
· Ensure timely delivery of initiatives, within budget parameters;
· Establish parameters to ensure VIP experience are of the highest calibre and respect One Drop standards;
· Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure brand protection in all advertising campaigns for special events and local programming;
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
In connection with the event One Night for One Drop:
· Act as the liaison between the Montreal and Las Vegas teams, as well as with Cirque du Soleil and our fundraising consultants;
· Ensure the vision and high-level objectives of One Drop and Cirque du Soleil are clearly communicated, shared, and carried-out throughout the event;
· Follow up on the budget, and work with the Finance team to reconcile and settle event revenues and expenses;
· Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
· Develop new fundraising initiatives, and analyze project feasibility and potential, notably for projects in the western United States;
· Research and cultivate new funding sources, and contribute to developing opportunities that boost revenues for fundraising projects that are assigned to you;
· Develop and build strong and successful relationships with high-level partners, to increase revenues and promote the One Drop brand, while also benefitting our partners;
· Target personal and/or professional networks and client-bases to sell tickets to One Drop’s fundraising events, to obtain auction items, and to identify potential buyers for auction items;
· Identify and confirm brand and project ambassadors that align with One Drop’s projects’ missions, and maintain relationships with them;
· Design and implement creative initiatives that maximize prospect/donor engagement (including satellite events);
· Represent One Drop at various events, board meetings, and donor meetings;
· Make public appearances, to clearly communicate One Drop’s projects and mission with the local media and the community;
· Represent One Drop with the partners who receive financial support from the Foundation;
· Carry out the stewardship strategy put in place by the Director of Philanthropy;
· Assist with partner retention strategies;
· Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the fundraising and development sector, including Brand and Cause Partnerships, Events, and Major Giving experience;
· Minimum for 5 years’ experience leading, managing, and inspiring multidisciplinary teams
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Proven track record of fundraising success, notably with partnership and donor relationship development and stewardship, and for large fundraising events;
· Superior leadership skills, and the ability to mobilize and inspire teams
· Proven ability to create and maintain strong relationships, as well as a knack for diplomacy;
· Creative, resourceful, dynamic, and motivated personality;
· Autonomous, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities;
· Results-oriented, with attention to detail;
· Excellent public relations skills;
· Excellent communications skills in English, both spoken and written;
· Able to lead and mentor a team of experienced professionals;
· Proven budget-management skills;
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.