IT ALL STARTED TODAY WITH THE RAISING
OF THE BLUE-AND-YELLOW GRAND CHAPITEAU AT AT&T Park
Opens Friday, October 28 for a limited engagement
The first visible sign of the arrival of Cirque du Soleil and its live production TOTEM in San Francisco is the raising of the blue-and-yellow Grand Chapiteau (Big Top) and the set-up of the Cirque du Soleil Village. This event took place today at the AT&T Park in San Francisco where a team of 60-plus men and women have hoisted more than 100 steel poles from the ground up.
About the Grand Chapiteau and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
- The Grand Chapiteau seats more than 2,600 people.
- The entire site set-up takes 8 days. This includes installation of entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, box office, administrative offices and kitchen.
- The Grand Chapiteau stands 19 meters high, 51 meters in diameter.
- The 4 masts stand at 25 meters tall each.
- 550 pegs are required to hold the Grand Chapiteau firmly to the 4,500 square meters of asphalt.
- The Grand Chapiteau,the Tapis Rouge and Artistic tents are all climate control with air conditioning in warm seasons or heating for colder seasons.
- TOTEM travels via 65 trailers carrying more than 1,200 pounds of equipment for the tour.
Also as part of Cirque du Soleil village, a box office will be set up at the front of the Grand Chapiteau. Regular box office hours are from 2 hours prior to show time to 30 minutes after beginning of the show and it is closed on Mondays.
Tickets can also be purchased at all time online via www.cirquedusoleil.com/totem .
As of October 28 for a limited engagement: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 20h; Fridays and Saturdays at 16h and 20h; Sundays at 13h and 17h; and dark on Mondays.
Cirque du Soleil to visit San Jose 2012
TOTEM will be presented as March 2, 2012 for a limited engagement under the trademark blue-and-yellow Grand Chapiteau (Big Top) at the Taylor Street Bridge in San Jose. Tickets are available online at www.cirquedusoleil.com/totem .
Cirque du Soleil gratefully acknowledges iShares®, Presenting Sponsor of the US 2011 TOTEM Tour as well as CGI, Xerox, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Infiniti, Sun Life Financial and American Express as the Official Sponsors.
Press room: For more information about Cirque du Soleil and the show, please visit our online Press Room at http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/press/kits/shows/TOTEM.aspx
Charles Zukow Associates