LAS VEGAS – November 9, 2012 – Earlier this evening Cirque du Soleil proudly celebrated the Las Vegas premiere of its newest resident show Zarkana at ARIA Resort & Casino™ at CityCenter. Zarkana, a visually stunning modern acrobatic spectacular, begins its residency at ARIA following hugely successful engagements at Radio City Music Hall in New York City, Arena Madrid and Moscow’s Kremlin State Palace Theatre.
Celebrities joining the night’s red carpet event and after-party at HAZE Nightclub included Emmy award-winning actor Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), director Francis Ford Coppola, actor Matt Lanter (90210), actress Dot Jones (Glee), actor Harry Shum Jr (Glee), actor Edi Gathegi (X-Men: First Class), Dj ASHBA (Recording Artist), Mark Foster (Recording Artist), magician/illusionist Criss Angel, actor Omar Benson Miller (CSI:Miami)comedian Carrot Top, Matt Goss (Recording Artist), entertainers Siegfried & Roy, the Zarkana creative team including François Girard (Writer & Director), Nick Littlemore (Composer & Musical Director) and Cirque du Soleil’s President and CEO Daniel Lamarre.
Set in a world where physical ability meets the extraordinary, Zarkana, which TIME magazine proclaimed “the show of the summer” in New York City and The New York Times called “aah-inspiring,” was seen by more than 1.5 million people during its triumphant 2011-2012 international run.
The show follows Zark, the ringmaster of an extraordinary circus coming back to life, as he guides us in an abandoned theatre populated by a motley collection of off-the-wall characters and incomparable acrobats. Zarkana is a visual vortex set in a twisted acrobatic fantasy universe where, little by little, chaos and craziness give way to a true celebration.
Zarkana is written and directed by François Girard, one of Quebec’s most highly regarded creators who is equally at ease in cinema (Silk, The Red Violin), opera, visual arts and theatre and has earned an enviable international reputation over the years. A keen music lover, he is particularly known for the hybrid worlds he creates in which music plays a predominant role. His works are recognized for their great musicality, both in terms of sound and image.
The Creative Team:
Along with François Girard, the creative team consists of the following distinctive talents:
- Guy Laliberté - Creative Guide
- Gilles Ste-Croix - Creative Guide
- François Girard - Writer and Director
- Line Tremblay - Director of Creation
- Stéphane Roy - Set and Props Designer
- Alan Hranitelj - Costume Designer
- Nick Littlemore - Composer and Musical Director
- Debra Brown - Choreographer
- Jean-Jacques Pillet - Choreographer
- Alain Lortie - Lighting Designer
- Raymond St-Jean - Image Content Designer
- Steven Dubuc - Sound Designer
- Florence Pot - Acrobatic Performance Designer
- Danny Zen - Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer
- Eleni Uranis - Makeup Designer
To Reserve Tickets:
- Zarkana performs Friday through Tuesday at 7:00pm and 9:30pm.
- There are no performances on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Call 877.253.5847 or 702.531.2031
- Go to www.cirquedusoleil.com/zarkana or www.arialasvegas.com/zarkana
- Visit the Zarkana ticket office at ARIA or any of the MGM Resorts International box offices.
- $69, $99, $130, $140, $150, $180 (plus tax and fees).
- Tickets are available 120 days in advance of the performance date.
Like Zarkana on Facebook or Tweet us: @Cirque #Zarkana.
Kate Whiteley, Kirvin Doak Communications, Phone: 702.737.3100, email@example.com
Ann Paladie, Cirque du Soleil, Phone: 702 590 9103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video images and sound bites will be available on November 9 for download at:http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58977-cirque-du-soleil-zarkana
- For creative team biographies, show images and additional information, visit the Cirque du Soleil press room at: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/pressroom/default.htm
(Registration is required to access images)