A total of 22 original Cirque du Soleil shows were performed in 179 different cities in 2011, and these are as follows:
- Five big top touring shows: Corteo, KOOZA, TOTEM, OVO and Varekai
- Five touring arena shows: Alegría, Dralion, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, Quidam and Saltimbanco
- One theatre show: Zarkana
- Eleven resident shows: “O”, Criss Angel Believe, KÀ, The Beatles LOVE, Mystère, Viva ELVIS and Zumanity (in Las Vegas), IRIS (in Los Angeles), La Nouba (in Orlando), ZAIA (in Macau) and ZED (in Tokyo)
Three new Cirque du Soleil shows were launched in 2011:
- Zarkana, an irresistibly strange voyage directed by François Girard, was performed at the Radio City Music Hall in New York and in Madrid, Spain;
- IRIS, a journey through the world of cinema directed by Philippe Decouflé, took up residence at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles;
- Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, an electrifying production that immerses audiences in the creative world of Michael Jackson, directed by Jamie King, embarked on an arena tour, visiting 16 North American cities in 2011.
What's more, our shows have been performed in some brand new markets, such as South Africa, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Philippines, the Dominican Republic, Turkey and Ukraine.
Finally, given the uncertain economic climate that has presided over Japan since it was struck by natural disasters in March 2011, Cirque du Soleil and its partner, Oriental Land Company, have decided to bring the show ZED to an end. ZED had been performed at Tokyo Disney since 2008.