***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
Head Therapist – Resident Shows Division
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
The Head Therapist will learn, demonstrate, and deliver performance medicine department services while reporting functionally and operationally to the Manager of Performance Medicine.
The Head Therapist will:
- Ensure that all arrangements and agreements made between Cirque du Soleil and other medical authorities and institutions are being respected in an ethical and professional manner;
- Ensure that all the department's daily operational needs are being met at the highest possible standard of professionalism, care and ethics;
- Adhere to the direction of and timely communication with the show’s Artistic Direction and the Manager of Performance Medicine;
- Adhere to optimal safety guidelines and processes within the artists’ working and performance environment;
- Foster interdependent relationships with the members of the artistic team while being responsible for the active and professional contribution of the Performance Medicine department to functional decision-making processes (Human Performance Risk Management);
- Foster a positive, stimulating and ethical working environment for the Performance Medicine department staff while being responsible for the guidance and supervision of their functioning and professional growth and development;
- Promptly convey all pertinent information to the Manager of Performance Medicine while actively participating in periodic meetings and reporting.
- Perform all relevant tasks inherent to the position of Head Therapist of Performance Medicine in a professional, ethical manner and at a highest possible standard of care;
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Performance Medicine department which amongst other duties includes: scheduling of staff, maintenance of supplies all while ensuring the workspace is properly and professionally organized and maintained at all times;
- Keep focus on the specific needs and challenges of the local show environment, ensuring contribution to the success of the entire department as needed;
- Participate with the show’s Artistic Direction and Manager of Performance Medicine in the evaluation of Performance Medicine Therapist staff as well as the establishment of their performance objectives;
- Help manage budget and ordering for specific projects in relation to the Performance Medicine department's needs;
- Communicate with Artistic Team regarding injury timelines to allow show to determine necessity for temporary replacements and provide recommendations for external care when appropriate;
- Collaborate with Manager of Performance Medicine to identify show specific injury trends for potential analysis. Actively assist the division by determining its needs in terms of proper medical resources and continually ensuring these resources are sufficiently qualified to meet the show community's requirements; communicate medical network needs and feedback to Manager of Performance Medicine;
- Ensure that all care, prevention, rehabilitation and health care administration is being delivered at the highest possible standard of care, while relevant to the functional demand of our artists and environment;
- Ensure that the environment’s emergency response preparedness in relation to our artists is at the highest possible state of readiness and well documented – this requires regular close interactions with members of the emergency support team;
- Ensure that, in time of necessity, emergency response and care is being delivered in a safe and professional manner;
- Stimulate and foster close functional relationships with Coaches, the Performance team and other Artistic team members in establishing and implementing programs directed at the prevention of injury in an effort to achieve optimal performance, relevant to an artists’ specific needs; make recommendations for referrals, when appropriate, for medical conditions (psychological and nutritional);
- Collaborate with the wider Performance team to create moments of exchange for feedback and problem-solving regarding strength and conditioning, reintegration planning and performance support;
- Ensure that all medical information, interactions and interventions are being documented and communicated as per medico-legal and CdS specific requirements including but not limited to MediCirque and completion of necessary legal/insurance documents, while making sure artist-therapist confidentiality is being adhered to at all times;
- Ensure that artists are accompanied to medical appointments whenever indicated;
- Collaborate with artistic team to ensure clear communication regarding Performance Medicine recommendations for artist functional restrictions;
- Maintain a direct link with the show’s appropriate representative regarding insurance and worker's compensation needs; ensuring all necessary information, forms and reports are communicated and delivered in a timely and organized manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree and eligibility for Nevada licensure in Athletic Training or Physical Therapy;
- Valid CPR/AED certification (additional emergency medical training and certifications preferred);
- At least 6 years of previous relevant clinical experience (on-field/event coverage preferred);
- Fluency in English; French an asset;
- Actively engage in ongoing professional learning and development with emphasis on manual therapy techniques, exercise progression, and emergency care;
- Experience managing/leading staff or teams;
- Experience working with high-caliber athletes;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected situations and work with a variable schedule while working under pressure;
- Ability to work and communicate with medical professionals;
- Good computer skills;
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.