***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
Therapist – Resident Shows Division
**Please note: This posting is intended for a future opening with an estimated start date of Fall 2021.**
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
The Therapist will learn, demonstrate and deliver Performance Medicine department services while reporting operationally to the Head Therapist of Performance Medicine and the Artistic Director, as well as functionally to the Senior Head Therapist of Performance Medicine.
The Therapist will:
- Respect all arrangements and agreements made between Cirque du Soleil and other medical authorities and institutions in an ethical and professional manner;
- Help ensure the department's daily operational needs are met at the highest possible standard of professionalism, care and ethics;
- Adhere to the direction of and closely communicate with Head Therapist, Artistic Direction and, if needed, Manager of Performance Medicine;
- Adhere to optimal safety guidelines and processes within the artists’ working and performance environment;
- Foster interdependent relationships with the members of the artistic team while actively and professionally contributing to functional decision-making processes (Human Performance Risk Management);
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and ethics with co-workers, artists, and other health care professionals;
- Promptly convey all pertinent information to the Manager of Performance Medicine while actively participating in periodic meetings and reporting.
- Provide appropriate care, prevention, rehabilitation, and health care administration at the highest possible standard of care, which is relevant to the functional demand of our artists and environment;
- Provide timely and safe emergency response and care when necessary, while actively participating in maintaining/optimizing emergency preparedness of the environment. Actively collaborate in the Performance Team with Coaches and Head Therapist in establishing and implementing programs directed at the prevention of injury in an effort to achieve optimal performance, relevant to an artists’ specific needs. Make recommendations for referrals, when appropriate, for medical conditions (psychological and nutritional);
- Collaborate with Head Therapist and Coaching Department in the wider Performance Team to create moments of exchange for feedback and problem solving in regard to strength and conditioning, reintegration planning, and performance support;
- Consistently document and manage all medical information, interactions and events as per medico-legal and CdS specific requirements while upholding artist-therapist confidentiality at all times. This includes MediCirque and completion of necessary legal/insurance documents;
- Accompany artists to medical appointments (when indicated) for the purpose of artist/show support while ensuring all necessary legal/insurance documents are being obtained, properly communicated and filed;
- Collaborate with artistic team to ensure clear communication regarding Performance Medicine recommendations for artist functional restrictions;
- Closely communicate with the show’s disability management or worker’s comp representative regarding insurance and worker's compensation necessary information, forms, and reports;
- Maintain a properly and professionally organized workspace;
- Communicate supply needs to Head Therapist in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree and eligibility for Nevada licensure in Athletic Training or Physical Therapy;
- Valid CPR/AED certification (additional emergency medical training and certifications preferred)
- Minimum 4 years' relevant clinical experience (on-field/event coverage preferred);
- Fluency in English (French an asset);
- Engagement in ongoing professional learning and development with emphasis on manual therapy techniques, exercise progression, and emergency care;
- Experience working with high-caliber athletes;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected situations and work with a variable schedule while working under pressure;
- Ability to work and communicate with medical professionals;
- Good computer skills;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.