Manager - IT Project Portfolio
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Vice-President of IT’s office, the Manager – IT Project Portfolio Management is responsible for overseeing the IT Project Management Office. You will develop the project management methodological framework and define the processes and tools enabling the delivery of IT projects and initiatives. You will work with delivery managers to plan and monitor project portfolios.
You will be known for:
- Working with project managers to optimize the project delivery process’s speed and quality, as well as recommend the best delivery approach (e.g., waterfall, Agile, hybrid) based on the initiative’s characteristics and requirements;
- Consolidating the budget and producing forecasts of the Vice-President of IT’s office capital (CAPEX) and operational expenditures (OPEX);
- Ensuring all projects are properly implemented within the portfolios;
- Steering the development of the project management practice and tools through the documentation, integration, application and adoption of various project management approaches and methodologies;
- Training and ensuring common understanding of the project framework by the PMO, IT Department and our business partners;
- Providing project managers with mentorship and guiding them through their initiatives' delivery challenges;
- Guiding activities pertaining to IT contract management oversight.
We want to meet you if you have:
- An undergraduate diploma in information technology, administration or an equivalent discipline;
- At least 10 years' experience in the information technology sector, including a combined 8 years in IT project management or business project management;
- At least 5 years’ experience overseeing a PMO;
- Proven experience in implementing Agile, Lean/Kanban, iterative and waterfall tools and processes;
- Agile certification (an asset);
- An ability to communicate with every organizational level, both verbally and in writing;
- Solid knowledge of and experience with change management;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Experience applying operational excellence principles and approaches in a PMO;
- An ability to assess, maintain and modify best business practices and KPIs to attain project management objectives;
- Excellent management skills in a demanding operational context.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Eat at our cafeteria and discover its gourmet menu.