Title: Junior English Copywriter
ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by the founder of Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (WASH), One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities within developing countries worldwide through innovative water-access projects. To learn more, visit onedrop.org
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Junior English Copywriter at One Drop, you will be reporting to the Marketing Content Advisor and will be responsible for writing, editing and producing various texts and publications. You will oversee and bring to fruition several projects, all the while respecting objectives, deadlines and budgets. Your tasks will include creating content in French and English, as well as producing communication tools. You will be required to work on marketing and public relations multiplatform campaigns as well as supporting initiatives related to the foundation’s partners and sponsors, donors, partnerships development, fundraising events and our international projects.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in tandem with other departments and collaborate with the Advisors, Marketing and Communications on event-related projects, international programs and philanthropic endeavours;
- Under the supervision of the Marketing Content Advisor, collaborate on the editorial direction of all communications to ensure consistency across all platforms and channels of communication;
- Ensure compliance with graphic and linguistic standards, objectives, budgets, required approvals, production deadlines and delivery;
- Write a variety of content in support of the organization’s various departments (corporate brochures, reports, pamphlets, partner presentations, speeches, newsletters, press releases, website content, etc.), all of which respects the brand’s tone as well as its lexical and linguistic standards;
- Edit and adapt content for the organization’s various communications platforms and for targeted audiences;
- Translate or coordinate the translation of publications/posts (from French to English and from English to French) so communications are bilingual;
- Oversee the updating of generic tools used by all departments; When necessary, follow up with our local and international suppliers and agencies;
- Occasionally coordinate the visual production of some of the mentioned above tools with graphic designers and printers;
- Carry out any related tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Translation, Literary or Linguistic Studies, or related field.
- One to three years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with an advertising or translation agency, or a marketing-communications team;
- Experience in international development, an asset;
Languages and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English both spoken and written - ESSENTIAL;
- Good understanding of French - an important asset;
- Impeccable grammar and a heightened sense of creativity;
- Excellent command of the advanced functions of Windows, MS Office, Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Autonomous, professional, with outstanding attention to details;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills (ability to management multiple priorities/projects at once);
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet goals in a complex and constantly evolving environment;
- Proactive and capable of demonstrating initiative;
- Available and flexible;
- An interest in the organization’ mission.
- No travel required.