Senior Back-end Developer
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Corporate Business Solutions Delivery Director, you will work in a team focused on delivery business solutions. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and integrating dynamic, innovative solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
In addition, you will actively contribute to the evolution of application development and integration tools, methods and practices.
Your expertise will allow you to:
- Perform development activities in compliance with business requirements, development standards and architectural guidelines.
- Implement and maintain automated unit and integrated testing.
- Make full use of the communication and feedback features of our agile planning tool (Azure DevOps).
- Take part in support and operational activities.
- Contribute to the developer community (knowledge sharing, guidance, Wiki, framework and collaborative space).
- Take part in developing our cloud platform, security, performance, technological issues, workarounds in cases of insufficient or problematic technology assets.
- Focus on automating repetitive tasks (pipeline automation, e.g. CI, CD).
- Proficiency with C#.
- Proficiency with Entity Framework and advanced SQL concepts.
- Expertise in preparing analysis files for integration services.
- Asset: VB6, nAnt.
- Asset: SharePoint.
- Asset: Access, Clarion, Excel.
We want to meet you if you have:
- At least eight years’ experience in application development and integration;
- A college or bachelor's degree, or equivalent training, in computer science, with a specialization in web development/integration, or in a related field;
- Proficiency with the Git source code control tool: branches, pull requests, rebase;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft platform in general, Web solutions, .Net Framework 4.5 and higher, ASP.Net
WebApi, Visual Studio/VScode, SQL;
- Proficiency with C# and Entity Framework;
- Familiarity with REST architecture, asynchronous code, control inversion, HTTP protocol and OWIN pipeline principles;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, transactional or batch integration (Service Bus, Logic Apps, Function Apps), an asset;
- A keen awareness of emerging web innovations and technologies;
- Expertise in preparing analysis files for application, service and integration solutions;
- Languages: Bilingualism (English and French);
- The ability to work in an evolving Agile environment;
- The ability to work in a very dynamic iterative development environment that focuses on customer satisfaction and regular deliveries;
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- An interest in continually developing your professional and personal skills.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative team;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.