Assistant Production Manager, New Creation- resident show
Temporary position 13months
Start date: October 1st 2019
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the Production team of our new show, you will be the Production Manager's go-to person, helping with the PM's tasks and, even, occasionally representing the PM.
You will be known for:
- Manage. You will singlehandedly spearhead projects assigned to you, such as fully relocating the team to Germany, coordinating schedules, etc.;
- Communicate. You will serve as point person for the various company departments, and ensure each one's compliance with the various schedules/deliverables set at the outset, all the while adapting everything to the project's reality and following company policy;
- Supervise. You will supervise a small support team in Montreal and in Germany, and ensure efficient communication between the Creation and Production teams;
- Coordinate. You will align the daily activities of the Production Office, both in Montreal and Germany, throughout the various project stages;
- Develop. You will create and set up tracking tools while seeing to the integrity and consistency of the various existing production tools (schedules, hiring plan, organizational chart, etc.);
- Support and enforce the highest confidentiality of all projects and information at all times;
- Support the Production Director in creating standards and procedures to manage health and safety systems for all Employees and Artists.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A college-level diploma in show production (or the equivalent);
- An enviable background of eight to ten years in show production, including a few years in a similar position;
- In-depth knowledge of project management as well as human resource and budget management;
- Leadership qualities, a strong sense of initiative, autonomy, attention to detail and a sense of organization and priorities;
- An excellent ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written and German speaking and reading an asset;
- You must be available to work in Germany for an approximated period of 4 months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Host meetings while watching artists in training;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court;
- Take public transit or to park at the Cirque’s expense;
- Get involved in our community.