SOUND TECHNICIAN (BigTop)
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference.
Reporting to the Technical Director and working under the supervision of the Head of Sound the Sound Technician will be a highly motivated individual who is inspired and keen to contribute to and improve the show quality & technical operations of the show.
· Act as Sound Technician during rehearsals and performances and, as needed, as sound console operator;
· Ensure that all aspects of sound-related operations function smoothly during rehearsals and performances;
· Ensure the safety of sound equipment at all times;
· Help maintain, repair and modify sound equipment;
· Update sound archives;
· Ensure the sound equipment is correctly installed and is consistent with the show’s concept;
· Participate in the Tear-Down and Set-up;
· Replace other technicians in various positions during performances, as needed;
· Apply safety standards and regulations for sound equipment, and practise safe work methods;
· Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
· Use the tools and procedures provided to manage inventory and equipment data;
· Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
· Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Technical Director or the Head of Sound.
· College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment, theatre production, sound technology or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
· A minimum of three years' experience operating digital audio consoles and in-ear monitoring;
· Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show an asset;
· Personnel management experience an asset;
· Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; any additional language spoken and/or written is an asset;
· Available to tour travel in foreign countries a 100% of the time.