System Administrator - Telecommunication
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Under the responsibility of the platform & operations manager, you will support all the infrastructures and services in operation at Cirque du Soleil. Your role is to maintain the various communication services at Cirque du Soleil.
Your duties will include the following:
· Ensure the availability and performance of telecommunication infrastructures by providing regular monitoring, performance tuning, technical troubleshooting and communicating problems to suppliers when necessary;
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, network documentation and procedures for the administration of telecommunication systems and their optimal use, based on industry best practices;
· Actively participate in the development of IT strategies to support the growth of the company while ensuring stability, security and availability of telecommunication systems;
· Identify and monitor measurement elements related to the capacity and performance of telecommunication traffic to ensure continuous service to customers;
· Plan and validate requests for change and production launch of telecommunications infrastructure;
· Design and develop automation scripts for test plans;
· Develop procedures for troubleshooting and maintaining systems;
· Create and maintain documentation for tools and solutions provided.
We want to meet you if you have:
· A university degree;
· At least 10 years’ experience in the IT sector, including at least 5 years as a specialist in IP telephony telecommunications;
· Strong IP telephony experience, specifically with Skype & Teams;
· Practical knowledge of networking, security and other standard techniques and practices in the telecommunications industry;
· Practical knowledge of cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS);
· Practical knowledge in the installation and configuration of networking equipment (Cisco Meraki, Netscaler, InfoBlox);
· Practical knowledge of next-generation firewalls Cisco Meraki, Fortinet;
· Practical knowledge of TCP / IP and network administration;
· Expertise with scripting tools, e.g. Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.;
· Practical knowledge in machine virtualization;
· Practical knowledge of container orchestration technologies;
· Excellent communication skills (spoken and written), both in French and English, actively participates in discussions, supports the team;
· In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform, or any other cloud platform (AWS, GCP)
Fluency in French and English.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Be a part of a revolutionary experience in reshaping (DEPT.) operations at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.