Regular position based in Montreal
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Our Big Tops don’t just pop up on a site. There’s a construction team who make it all happen long before the performers take to the stage. It takes site surveys and analysis, planning, designing, preparation and construction work to be able to put up the Big Top and the show’s numerous elements composing its infrastructure. Once the show is over in one city, restoration work to the site is undertaken – and, then it’s onto the next site. As Site Construction Supervisor, you will organize and oversee the various steps it takes to ensure a safe and well-designed site for all.
You will be highly productive and responsible for:
- Ensuring quality standards established by Cirque du Soleil in the preparation of sites;
- Establishing sincere, constructive communication with various internal groups, entities and departments at Cirque, as well as external stakeholders involved in projects under your guidance;
- Enforcing safety standards inherent in construction operations;
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting on the progress of work to concerned parties;
- Monitoring the work budget and schedule during the execution of projects;
- Producing a construction operations report, including tracking of expenses per city;
- Collecting technical and contextual information pertinent to the project;
- Participating in gathering, when needed, data relevant to site selection (e.g. soil testing and characterization, local conditions, regional and cultural context, underground services, etc.);
- Recommending suppliers, contractors, local experts and subcontractors for construction work;
- Soundly negotiating agreements beneficial to project execution with the various external contractors;
- Efficiently preparing invitation to tender documents for site preparation and restoration work;
- Carrying out land surveying and implementation of site preparation work.
We want to meet you if you have:
- A University degree in civil engineering;
- 8 years experience in the construction field;
- A sound knowledge of soils and materials (concrete, asphalt, wood, geosynthetics, etc.);
- Fluency in French and English, a 3rd language such as Mandarin would be an asset;
- An availability to travel frequently (50%).