General Stage Manager
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
You will be known for:
- Supervising the performance and its progress. You will ensure the smooth running of the show and will communicate effectively with the artists and the technical team so that they have in hand the most recent information on the particularities of their role.
- Scheduling show times, rehearsals, practices and provide support during media events. With your attention to detail and a job well done, you'll make sure you meet the needs of all touring departments.
- Ensuring compliance with the code of ethics of the show. You will have an important role in this regard and you will ensure that safety standards are established and respected;
- Assisting the Artistic Director in the day-to-day management. You will have an important role to play in ensuring the successful integration of new artists, the follow-up and the discipline of the artists and the stage management team.
- Participating in tear-down and set-up activities.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- College diploma from a Theatre School or the equivalent;
- Four to six years of relevant experience in theatrical stage management;
- Multicultural experience an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French or any language is an asset;
- Available to tour internationally full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;