Part Time Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This is a Part Time position.
It is the primary responsibility of the artist handler to ensure the safety of the show performers while in the water. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Bellagio policies, practices, and procedures.
In this pivotal role, as the Artist Handler, you will be required to:
· Participating in both show activities and or daytime training and maintenance activities
· To remain underwater for a period of 90 minutes or more twice a night during the running of the shows and perform the designated pre-determined set of activities in accordance with the “Aquatics Cue Track Book”.
· Employee would be responsible to safeguard both Technicians and Performing Artists during both the running of the performance as well as during training and maintenance periods in and underwater as well as on-stage while acting as the “Deck Safety Officer”.
· Maintenance duties would include but not be limited to operating the “Scuba Tank Air Filling Station”, servicing and repairing all scuba gear used in the theatre, and assisting all other theatre departments with their maintenance projects, installations and repairs as needed.
· Employee will participate in the underwater vacuuming of the theatre pool for extended periods of time.
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal / training, maintenance and evening show performances.
· Perform other tasks and projects as assigned to you by the Head, Assistant Head, or Lead Diver.
You should have the following qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Employee must possess a current “Professional Scuba Diving Divemaster Certification,” (or higher) with a known accredited certification Agency.
· Employee must maintain a state of health that facilitates the extensive scuba diving and essential functions of the job as required by the Aquatics department for the duration of their employment.
· Employee must be able to react in a safe and quick manner and exhibit strong decision making skills during times of extreme stress while underwater.
· CPR, first aid, AED certifications will be required and maintained.
· Must be able to lift, push and or pull heavy loads (50lbs or more) such as carrying a full set of scuba gear to and from the wet stage or pulling Performing Artists through the water column.
· Employee will be required to wear “Full Face Scuba Diving Mask” and operate the communications module in the mask while underwater for extended periods of time.
· Training will be provided if needed in the safe operation and visual inspection of such equipment as deemed necessary by Head of Department.
· Must have working knowledge of all scuba equipment used in the theatre and be willing to be trained in all maintenance and service procedures of all scuba diving equipment used in the theatre.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
· Basic Computer skills are required.
· Training on any department specific software will be provided.
· Employee must be willing to work flexible hours and be prepared for last minute schedule changes as needed by the department.
· Theatre experience is preferred.
· Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Knowledge of OSHA is an asset.
· Commitment to the quality and safety of equipment, guests, and fellow employees.
· Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Bellagio standards.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
133327 Artist Handler