Lighting/SFX Technician - Michael Jackson ONE
Regular Full Time Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Stage Technicians are dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position executes the company’s core service standards, brand attributes, and sustainability initiatives. Job functions include working as part of the lighting team, installing, maintaining, and operating lighting equipment and systems in a safe and consistent manner for the show and providing all other supporting services. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Reporting to the Resident Shows Division Head of Lighting and Lighting Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Run deck lighting, special effects and atmospherics cue tracks as directed for performances, artist training, and rehearsals.
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
- Inspect and maintain lighting, special effect, and atmospheric equipment; update maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by adhering to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least 2 years previous experience as a Lighting, SFX and Atmospherics Technician in the operations and maintenance of large scale production show.
- Previous experience with repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics with a wide variety of theatrical lighting fixtures, troubleshooting and operations of LN2 fog systems, stage smoke/hazers, flame effects, pyrotechnic effects, and theatrical special effects equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Nevada pyrotechnic and flame effect licenses.
- Completion of OSHA 10.
- Previous experience with the ETC Eos family of lighting consoles.
- Previous field experience with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs.
- Comprehension of basic principles of AC/DC electricity, basic electronics, and computer operations as it pertains to lighting systems.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.