Job Location: Full-time touring and international travels
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Director - Site Operations and working under the supervision of the Assistant Site Operations Director, you will be required to:
- Participate in the maintenance of the site infrastructures;
- Take part in all work, action and operations connected with the marking/setup/tear-down of INFRA equipment on site;
- Supervise quality maintenance, cleanliness and safety on site;
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by the Site Operations Director;
- Apply Cirque Du Soleil standards and procedures for a safe working environment.
- Assist with setup and tear-down of INFRA equipment;
- Work on a rotating schedule with each site operations team: Tent, Electrical, Welding/Plumbing, Site Carpentry and Mechanical;
- Assist in site marking;
- Supervise supernumerary personnel during setup and tear-down and for special projects;
- Participate in show call and/or morning inspections on site;
- Help to maintain the quality, cleanliness and safety of the site;
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the Assistant Site Operations Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Vocational or technical diploma in one of the following fields: electrical, HVAC, welding, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics and/or tent maintenance;
- Recognized skills in plumbing, welding, carpentry, mechanics, electrical, HVAC and/or tent maintenance;
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position;
- Tour experience an asset;
- Knowledge of workplace safety and fall prevention;
- Ability to work high above the ground;
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure;
- Flexibility and autonomy;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available to tour full-time and to work in foreign countries.