Title: Expert – Social Art for Behaviour Change - One Drop
Permanent full-time position (Montreal)
ONE DROP - THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop is an ambitious and dynamic non-profit organization created in 2007 by Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberté, which works for universal access to water now and forever. As an emerging leader in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector, One Drop’s mission is to significantly and sustainably improve the living conditions of communities in developing countries through innovative projects for better access to water. To learn more, please visit onedrop.org
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today's challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
Ever expanding, One Drop is looking to add a member to the Social Art for Behaviour Change (SABC) team. We are looking for a visionary individual who is dynamic and results-oriented, an expert in the area of behaviour change, and willing to take up challenges in a stimulating environment which is rapidly growing. You must have solid experience in the application of behaviour change theories and models. Under the supervision of the director of Social Art for Behaviour Change and in collaboration with regional project leaders, you will develop programs for behaviour change in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), which will strengthen the leadership of ONE DROP in the field of behaviour change through social art.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the continued development and positioning of One Drop as a leader in the field of behaviour change through social art, education through entertainment, and communication for behaviour change;
· Consolidate and document the know-how developed by One Drop on SABC and its impact on the sustainability of interventions;
· Take on the role of expert in the design of the SABC component of One Drop’s WASH interventions assigned to you;
· Work closely with the director of SABC to systematize One Drop’s change theory;
· Support project leaders and directors by coordinating SABC activities and ensuring the quality of SABC deliverables from One Drop partners;
· Contribute to the development of innovative approaches and monitoring tools deployed in different cultural contexts to evaluate the impact of SABC on the sustainability of One Drop’s WASH interventions;
· Guide the development, implementation and monitoring of effective social art activities, anchored in the local and evolving cultures of One Drop’s WASH programs, and transfer knowledge for the progressive autonomy of local partners;
· Advise One Drop on the trends in the sector and the potential impact of projects under your supervision, share lessons learned and new knowledge with project leaders and colleagues based in Montreal;
· Document and systematize the process to contribute to: Creating evidence on the effectiveness of interventions in changing WASH behaviour; Illustrating the added value of social art as a medium for behaviour change; Enriching One Drop’s Social Art for Behaviour Change approach by: developing expertise, creating various SABC products, and innovating and developing recommendations and new orientations in terms of lessons to draw from projects in the region under your responsibility;
· Contribute to the production of reports, audio-visual products, and evaluation and monitoring activities in relation to behaviour change activities;
· Represent One Drop at international conferences and seminars on social art, education through entertainment and communication for behaviour change;
· Perform any other related task.
· Master’s degree relevant to the job: behaviour science, public health, international development or public communication (social marketing);
· Seven to ten years of experience in a similar job and proven experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions for behaviour change;
· Demonstrated expertise in the application of principles and theories of behaviour change in applied fields (water, sanitation and health);
· International field experience (minimum 2 years);
· Demonstrated experience in the identification of obstacles to behaviour change and the development of innovative strategies to overcome them;
· Experience in developing training material;
· Experience in the water, hygiene and sanitation sector (an asset).
Language Skills and Technical Knowledge
· Excellent mastery of French and English;
· Functional knowledge of spoken and written Spanish (an asset);
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
· Experience in video shooting and editing for PowerPoint presentations.
· Passionate about behavioural science and international development;
· Interested in art as a platform for social change;
· Entrepreneurial personality, bold, committed, collaborative, responsible, detail-oriented and results-oriented;
· Ability to work in a multi-partner environment;
· Excellent people and intercultural skills.
· International travel required (around 20-30% of the time).