PERFORMANCE MEDICINE THERAPIST
Are you ready to take the plunge?
The Cirque du Soleil Group has experienced a whole series of acrobatics and contortions in recent months. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after perilous somersaults.
So our hearts beat very hard at the idea of rebuilding our business and dreaming about its grandiose future. Do you have the daring we need to rise to the challenge? By joining us, you will be working in unknown territory, but where you can make a real difference.
Reporting operationally to the Head Therapist and the Artistic Director as well as functionally to the Manager of Human Performance Services - Performance Medicine, the Therapist will be responsible for:
· Respect all arrangements and agreements made between Cirque du Soleil and other medical authorities and institutions;
· Under the guidance of the Head Therapist and Artistic Director, help ensure the department's daily operational needs are met while delivering the highest possible standard of care;
· Adhere to the direction of and closely communicate with Head Therapist, Artistic Direction and, if needed, the Manager of Human Performance Services (PMed);
· Maintain a high level of professionalism and ethics with co-workers, artists, and other health care professionals;
· Foster interdependent relationships with the members of the artistic team while actively and professionally contributing to functional decision-making processes (Human Performance Risk Management);
· Participate in the Tear-Down and Set-Up.
· Within your scope of practice, deliver, at a high standard of care, physical evaluations, rehabilitative and emergency care relevant to the functional demand of our artists and environment (clinical diagnosis, therapeutic care and emergency response);
· Provide timely and safe emergency response and care when necessary, while actively participating in maintaining/optimizing emergency preparedness of the environment;
· Consistently document and manage all medical information, interactions and events as per medico-legal requirements, while upholding artist-therapist confidentiality at all times;
· Actively collaborate with coaches and Head Therapist in establishing and implementing programs directed at the prevention of injury relevant to an artists’ specific challenges (using various exercise approaches);
· Accompany artists to medical appointments when indicated, for the purpose of artist/show support while ensuring all necessary legal/insurance documents are being obtained, properly communicated and filed;
· Communicate with and support the Artistic Director, Head Therapist, Coaches and Stage Management on the functional status of artists under your care;
· Closely communicate with the show’s Production Coordinator regarding insurance and worker's compensation necessary information, forms and reports;
· Ensure that the workspace is properly and professionally organized and maintained;
· Maintain adequate stocks of medical and emergency supplies for the PMed Department.
· University-degree in Physiotherapy (Physical therapy in the USA) or Certification in Athletic Therapy (Athletic Training in the USA);
· Valid CPR certification (additional Emergency Sports First Responder or EMT courses preferred);
· At least 4 years of relevant clinical experience;
· Experience with manual therapy, exercise therapy and emergency care;
· Experience working with high-calibre athletes or dancers;
· Ability to work and communicate with medical and paramedical professionals;
· Adaptability to working with different cultures and different needs;
· Good computer skills;
· Fluency in English (French is an asset);
· Available to travel 100% of the time and to work in foreign countries.