Contract of approximately 2 years
Please note that there may be exceptional delays in this recruitment process as these positions will be staffed gradually. We thank you for your understanding.
Our quest is to entertain and immerse audiences into the universe of Cirque du Soleil. Our passion is to transform creative ideas into spectacular shows. We have now taken on the world of ice, combining a unique narrative with innovative skating and acrobatics. Join our journey!
Reporting operationally to the Company Manager and functionally to the Director, Sales and Marketing; the Publicist works directly with the Montreal-based Sales and Marketing team to plan and implement Public Relations strategies and activities for each market.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Manage the local PR firm in each market to ensure strong media coverage;
- In collaboration with the local PR firm, prepare PR schedules and advance strategies for markets to ensure maximum media coverage of the show;
- Serve as on-site contact for media visits and other activities;
- Coordinate all media interviews and PR activities with artists and staff;
- Serve as a spokesperson for the tour and company;
- Propose and coordinate advance media events in future markets in cooperation with the PR firm and Regional Marketing Manager;
- Serve as a liaison to all Cirque du Soleil departments to coordinate potential activities for artists;
- Serve as the Marketing Department contact on tour for marketing, social media and promotional initiatives and activities;
- Serve as tour contact for VIP and celebrity visits;
- Coordinate media training for tour personnel as needed or requested;
- Manage ticket requests for media and VIP house seats;
- Gain knowledge of live entertainment industry and touring shows;
- Create relevant content and spearhead all publications on Facebook page.
- Provide the Regional Marketing Manager with regular updates on ongoing tasks in each market;
- Provide the Company Manager with relevant information regarding PR initiatives as well as take part in tour meetings when deemed appropriate.
- Create and update artist bios as needed;
- Update press materials as needed;
- Manage and track artists’ participation in media activities to ensure contract and promotional guidelines are respected;
- Perform all other tasks requested by the Director, Sales and Marketing.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- University degree in Marketing, communications, public relations;
- Minimum five years of experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the major social media platforms;
- Team spirit;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Insight and analytical skills;
- Organizational and priority-management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) for Windows applications;
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written, French is an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success.