Senior Accountant - Financial Information
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering the highest level of quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and, hopefully, a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, explore new directions and always have a lot of fun. Most of all, though, we are not afraid to reinvent ourselves and take on new challenges.
As an ambassador of Financial Information, you will work closely with other Finance teams. In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Manager – Financial Information.
You will be known for:
- Participating in consolidating the monthly Cirque du Soleil results;
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial information for senior management and shareholders;
- Preparing management information reports for senior managers and shareholders;
- Preparing consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements, including accompanying notes;
- Preparing statutory annual financial statements;
- Preparing annual audit files;
- Preparing various value-added monthly analyses, including exchange gains and losses analyses;
- Working with the team of accounting standards experts to record specific transactions and reflect the adoption of new accounting standards;
- Participating in various special projects to reduce the production cycle time of financial information;
- Establishing and applying rigorous internal controls.
We want to meet you if you have:
- CPA certification;
- Over five (5) years’ experience in public financial reporting for a major company;
- Knowledge of US GAAP (an asset);
- Thoroughness, sense of responsibility and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft, SAP and Longview applications, (an asset);
- Knowledge of Workiva, an asset;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Making a real, visible difference in what you do;
- Learning and growing within our international environment;
- Seeing our shows and contributing to their success;
- Getting involved in the community.