Consulting Medical Director – Performance Medicine Department
Consultant position – 2 days per week
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As a leader in Performance Medicine, you will:
- Lead medicine standards, reporting and practice within Cirque du Soleil (CdS), ensuring artists receive the highest standards of medical care, advice and support at all times;
- Support CdS Performance Medicine teams to meet the highest clinical, ethical and medico-legal standards of practice;
- Act as an independent medical expert in relevant cases, and advocate for the health and optimal management of injury and illness for our artists.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Suitability-to-participate evaluations;
- Medical Processes administration and governance;
- Emergency Response governance and standards;
- Direct clinical care for artists.
We would like to meet you if you are/have:
- A qualified and registered in Quebec Medical Doctor with specialism in Sports and Exercise Medicine;
- A minimum of 10 years' relevant work experience;
- Fluency in French and English is essential, both oral and written, and also profession specific language expertise;
- Demonstrated skills in: team-leading; policy creation and implementation, communication, problem-solving, work organization, planning, analysis and synthesis, teamwork, operating under pressure and dealing with ambiguity;
- Hold, can achieve or be able to teach an appropriate First Aid/Trauma management qualification including valid CPR and AED certification;
- Ability and availability to travel;
- Be or become a leader in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative Performance Medicine team.